Rain.




I sit here in my comfy queen-sized bed, covered up with my patchwork quilt and my Bible opened up on my lap. It’s 9:30 on a Thursday evening, and I need time to spend alone with Jesus. The day has been busy. But now, silence looms through my house. Nothing to worry about, nothing to stress over. All is well in my little world tonight, and it’s raining.

As I sit here, I listen to the quiet rain rhythmically beat on my roof. It will soon be the sound I fall asleep to, but as for right now, I’m just taking it in. As silly as it seems, this rain is restoring my sanity. Today was a giant mess of tests and homework. We were busy at the office I work in, and I don’t remember if I ate lunch. All of that put a strain on my day and caused me to be cranky. I’m thankful for this time that I get to sit here in the comfort of my own house and simply listen to the rain fall from the clouds.

Rain—Such a commodity for my comfortable Western Oklahoma town. Rain is a blessing we often take for granted. When it gets dry and dusty, we’ll pray for rain, but we rarely even notice how precious it is when we have a rain shower. However, tonight, I’m fully aware of how necessary and perfect this rain is that our Lord has sent to us. Deuteronomy 28:12 says, “The Lord will open to you His good treasury, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands.” Rain comes from Heaven to bless us, to cleanse us, to restore us.

Just like the rain falls and brings restoration, so does our Savior. 

Christ restores the joy back to our life after it has been stripped from us. Christ restores our health back to us when we are sick. Christ restores our sanity back to us after we’ve had a long day.

He also restores life to us. We are all born sinners. From the moment we take our first breath, we are completely hopeless if we do not turn our lives over to Him. We must deny ourselves, and choose to live a life that is pleasing to our Lord and Savior.

Christ reigns over our broken world. He is constantly pouring His mercy over us. He is so gracious to provide for us when we do not deserve it in the least bit. The Lord astounds me on a daily basis with His faithfulness. He doesn’t leave us. He will never forsake us. He will not embarrass us. He’s compassionate. He’s forgiving. He won’t relent. He will always come through. He isn’t content with half of your heart. He wants all of you. He love for us prevails. He is our Redeemer! 

I know rain cancels ballgames and postpones plans. I’m fully aware of how annoying it can be when you are trying to drive down the interstate and you are already running behind. I know how inconvenient it can be when you are climbing mountains in Colorado and the daily rain shower comes through and you have no shelter. We are all guilty of praying against rain.Please don’t view it as a hassle because you have to tote around an umbrella and wear your rainboots that day. I hope it reminds you of the price our Lord paid for you on the Wonderful Cross, so that you would be able to spend eternity with Him. Let the rain be a reminder of how Christ reigns over us. 

The picture at the top is courtesy of MK Photography. Everyone needs to check out my homegirl. She's an amazing picture taker!

Comments

Popular Posts